
倒霉到極點
Rob and Emma are friends. They are chatting.
羅伯和艾瑪是朋友。他們正在聊天。
be Ving=現在進行式
Emma: Hey, what’s that on your bag?
艾瑪:嘿,你包包上那是什麼?
Rob: Do you mean the key ring?
羅伯:你說這鑰匙圈嗎?
key ring(n.)鑰匙圈
Emma: Yeah, it looks like a rabbit’s foot.
艾瑪:對啊,看起來像兔子的腳。
rabbit’s foot=一種幸運符
Rob: It is. It’s my new lucky charm.
羅伯:沒錯。這是我新的幸運符。
lucky charm=幸運符=good luck charm
Emma: Do you believe in that?
艾瑪:你居然相信這種東西?
believe in=相信某事物
Rob: When you are down on your luck like me, you will try everything.
羅伯:當你跟我一樣倒霉到極點時,你什麼都會試的。
be down on one’s luck=不走運will VR=未來式
Emma: What’s wrong?
艾瑪:怎麼了?
Rob: Well, I lost my phone two weeks ago. I was sick last week. And I missed my bus today.
羅伯:嗯,我兩週前弄丟我的手機。我上禮拜生病。而且我今天還錯過公車。
lose(v.)遺失miss(v.)錯過
Emma: Jeez. I hope it really brings you good luck then.
艾瑪:天啊。那我希望這真能給你帶來好運。
bring(v.)帶來
Rob: Fingers crossed.
羅伯:但願可以。
fingers crossed=但願、祈求好運