
成名的代價
Charles: Hey Tina, did you hear the latest gossip about Taiwanese actress Michelle Chen and Chinese actor Chen Xiao?
查爾斯:嗨,蒂娜,你有聽說關於台灣女演員陳妍希和中國演員陳曉的最新八卦嗎?
gossip(n.)八卦、小道消息
Tina: No, what happened?
蒂娜:沒有耶,發生什麼事了?
Charles: Well, it turns out that they’re no longer together. They’ve been secretly divorced for a while now! Can you believe it?
查爾斯:嗯,事實上,他們已經不在一起了。他們已經秘密離婚一陣子了!你能相信嗎?
turn out結果是
Tina: Really? That’s surprising. They seemed so happy together in all those interviews.
蒂娜:真的嗎?真令人吃驚。在所有的訪問中,他們看起來都很幸福。
interviewer(n.)進行面試或採訪的人interviewee(n.)接受面試或採訪的人
Charles: I know, right? The paparazzi found out they haven’t even been in touch for months.
查爾斯:可不是嗎?狗仔隊發現他們已經好幾個月沒有聯絡了。
paparazzi(n.)狗仔隊be in touch with…跟~聯絡=get in touch with…stay in contact with…跟~保持聯繫
Tina: That must be difficult for them. It’s sad that their private lives are getting so much attention now.
蒂娜:他們一定很不好受。他們的私人生活現在引起這麼多關注,真是令人難過。
private(adj.)私人的、(場所)清靜的attention(n.)注意、關注
Charles: Yeah, and there are rumors that Chen Xiao was willing to give up everything just to split up with her.
查爾斯:是啊,還有謠言說陳曉為了和她分手,願意放棄一切。
be willing to…願意~split up with與某人分手、結束關係
Tina: Wow, that’s serious. I feel bad for Michelle having to deal with all this drama.
蒂娜:哇,那真是嚴重。想到陳妍希必須面對這些戲劇性的事情,我真替她感到難過。
deal with處理、應對
Charles: Same here. People are flooding her social media, asking for answers.
查爾斯:我也是。現在很多人湧入她的社交媒體,詢問情況。
flood(v.)湧入
Tina: I guess that’s the price of being famous, right?
蒂娜:我想這就是成名的代價吧?
price(n.)代價pay a price for…為~付出代價
Charles: That’s right. Anyway, let’s hope they both find happiness, whether they stay together or not.
查爾斯:沒錯。不管他們最後會不會在一起,希望他們都能找到幸福。
whether…or not無論是否=if…or not
Tina: Yeah, let’s hope so. So, anything else interesting going on?
蒂娜:是啊,希望如此。那還有什麼其他有趣的事情嗎?
go on發生