
26人跳河慶祝
Jennifer and Morris are friends. They are both huge fans of Japanese baseball.
珍妮佛和莫里斯是朋友,他們都是日本棒球的忠實粉絲。
huge(adj.)忠實的、龐大的
Jennifer: My favorite Japanese baseball team — the Hanshin Tigers — just won the Central League title! I am so excited!
珍妮佛:我最喜歡的日本棒球隊——阪神虎隊——剛剛贏得了中央聯盟總冠軍!我好興奮!
league(n.)聯合會、聯賽、聯盟
Morris: Wow! Congrats! Don’t they usually win? I thought they were really good.
莫里斯:哇!恭喜!他們不是很常贏嗎?我以為他們很厲害。
congrats(n.)恭喜
Jennifer: No, it has been 18 years since they last won the title. That’s why this win is so exciting.
珍妮佛:不,距離上次贏得總冠軍到現在已經18年了。所以這次的勝利真的很令人興奮。
Morris: Ah! Then I guess the fans must have gone crazy in Osaka.
莫里斯:啊!那麼我想大阪的球迷一定樂瘋了。
go crazy 發瘋、失常
Jennifer: Actually, the news said that the celebrations were not too crazy. The police thought there would be more problems. Only 26 people jumped into the river this time.
珍妮佛:實際上,新聞說慶祝活動並不太瘋狂。警察原本以為會有更多問題。這次只有26個人跳進了河裡。
actually(adv.)事實上=in fact=in reality
Morris: What?! How many people did that last time?
莫里斯:什麼?上次有多少人這樣做?
Jennifer: Around 5,000! Some people even died. This year was much more calm.
珍妮佛:大約5,000人!甚至有人死亡。今年平靜很多。
around(adv.)(prep.)大約、圍繞calm(adj.)冷靜的、平靜的chill out冷靜、放鬆
Morris: Wow! I hope fans continue to behave even if the Tigers win the Japan Series.
莫里斯:哇!我希望即使阪神虎贏得日本大賽,球迷們還是能夠守秩序。
continue to繼續behave(v.)做出行為 守規矩behavior(n.)行為
Jennifer: Me too. Go Tigers!
珍妮佛:我也是。阪神虎加油!