
點數折抵換算
Jane is at a department store with her friend Ben.
珍跟朋友本在百貨公司。
Jane: Why do you always use your credit card to pay for everything?
珍:為什麼你都用信用卡付款?
debit card 簽帳金融卡
Ben: Because it’s convenient and I can get some money back for every purchase.
本:因為很方便啊,而且每次消費都能得到回饋金。
convenient(adj.)方便的purchase(n.)(v.)購買
Jane: How can you get the money back?
珍:怎麼得到回饋金的?
Ben: Through cash rebates. You can think of them as a type of discount offered by the credit card provider.
本:透過現金回饋啊。妳可以理解成是信用卡公司提供的折扣優惠。
think of…as…=認為…discount(n.)折扣(優惠)
Jane: So how much do you get back?
珍:那能拿回多少錢?
Ben: I get 2% back on all my purchases.
本:每筆消費回饋2%。
Jane: What is the typical range for cash rebates?
珍:現金回饋一般都是多少?
range(n.)範圍
Ben: Typically, it’s between 1% and 3%. Some banks even offer more rebates for overseas spending.
本:通常介於1%至3%。有些銀行甚至針對海外消費提供更多的現金回饋。
overseas(adj.)(adv.)海外(的);外國(的)spending(n.)開銷;支出
Jane: And how do you get this money back?
珍:怎麼收到這筆回饋金的?
Ben: I get it back in the form of cash points, which I can redeem for reward options such as cash, miles, or gift cards.
本:我是以現金點數的方式收到的,這些點數可以用來折抵現金、累計哩程或兌換禮品卡等獎勵。
in the form of=以…的形式redeem(v.)兌換reward(n.)(v.)獎勵