
家樂福出奇招
Aiden and Monica are colleagues. They are talking about their New Year holidays.
艾登和莫妮卡是同事。他們正在談論新年假期。
holiday假期or vacation
Aiden: Happy New Year! Did you enjoy your holiday?
艾登:新年快樂!有好好享受假期嗎?
Monica: Happy New Year to you, too! I was at home most of the time. The weather was not good. What about you?
莫妮卡:新年快樂!我大部分時間都待在家。天氣不太好。你呢?
most of the time大多時候
Aiden: I went to snap up one of the surprise grab bags at Carrefour.
艾登:我有去家樂福搶福袋。
snap up搶購、sell like hot cakes暢銷
Monica: Oh! I heard many people were there lining up on the first day of the New Year. What was the big prize?
莫妮卡:哦!聽說大年初一那天排隊的人潮很多。最大獎是什麼?
line up=queue up排隊prize(n.)獎品
Aiden: Yeah. The top prize in the bags was shares of TSMC. It attracted many people to get the bags.
艾登:沒錯。是台積電的股票,吸引了很多人來搶福袋呢。
attract(v.)吸引、attractive(adj.)有吸引力的
Monica: What other prizes did they offer?
莫妮卡:還提供了哪些其他獎品?
Aiden: There were also shares of E.Sun Financial.
艾登:也有玉山金控的股票。
Monica: Hmm. What did you get then? Did you hit the jackpot?
莫妮卡:那你抽到什麼?有中大獎嗎?
hit the jackpot中大獎
Aiden: I’d rather not talk about it. Just some snacks and drinks.
艾登:算了吧。就一些零食和飲料而已。