
手機防盜與意外保障
Missy and Allen are on their lunch break. Allen is telling Missy about his credit card.
梅西和艾倫在午休。艾倫跟梅西說到有關他信用卡的事。
debit card 簽帳金融卡ATM card 提款卡
Missy: Since I have some big expenses coming up, I’ve decided it’s time to finally get a credit card.
梅西:我最近會支出一些高額的花費,我決定終於是時候申辦一張信用卡了。
expense(n.)花費、開銷household expenses 家庭開銷funeral expenses 治喪費at one’s own expense 自費
Allen: Oh, you don’t have one? I thought everyone had at least one!
艾倫:妳沒有信用卡嗎?我以為每個人至少都有一張。
Missy: No, I’ve always been worried about falling behind with payments. Have you had a credit card for a long time?
梅西:不,我一直都擔心自己會繳不出卡費。你很久以前就辦了信用卡嗎?
fall behind with (on)… 未能按時繳付~keep up with… 跟上~、按時繳付~
Allen: I’ve had mine for years. I mainly use it for paying monthly bills, but it still has great perks that I can take advantage of.
艾倫:我的信用卡用了好多年了。我主要是用來支付每月帳單,但它還有很棒的福利是我可以利用的。
take advantage of 善用、利用
Missy: What kind of benefits do you get when you use it?
梅西:刷卡可享有什麼福利?
Allen: Well, since I pay my cell phone bill with it, I get theft and damage protection for my phone.
艾倫:由於我用這張卡繳電信費,所以我的手機有防盜與意外保障。
theft(n.)盜竊damage(n.)(v.)損壞、毀損protection(n.)保護(機制)fraud(n.)詐騙warranty(n.)保固(期)
Missy: Really? I didn’t know credit cards could offer that.
梅西:真的嗎?我原先不知道信用卡有提供這項福利。
Allen: Most companies have started offering more perks to be competitive, some even allow cardholders special access to events and entry to museums.
艾倫:多數公司為了競爭開始提供更多福利,有些甚至可以讓持卡人有特殊管道取得活動入場證與博物館門票。
competitive(adj.)有競爭力的compete(v.)競爭competitor(n.)競爭者competition(n.)競賽、競爭access(n.)(v.)登入或進入(的權限);獲取或使用~(的機會或管道)
Missy: Wow! It looks like I’ve been missing out!
梅西:哇,看來我一直都錯失了這些福利!
miss out on sth. 錯失~、錯過~