
檢查信用額度
Ian and Clara are roommates. Ian just got home.
伊恩和卡拉是室友。伊恩剛到家。
Ian: You would never guess what happened at the restaurant.
伊恩:你永遠猜不到剛剛我在餐廳發生什麼事。
happen(v.)發生
Clara: Yeah, right. Your date. Didn’t you pick a fancy restaurant?
卡拉:對呀,你去約會。你不是選了一家高級餐廳。
fancy(adj.)高檔的、華麗的
Ian: That’s not the point.
伊恩:這不是重點。
Clara: What happened?
卡拉:怎麼了?
Ian: I knew something went wrong the moment that waiter swiped my card. My card was declined!
伊恩:服務生刷卡的那一刻我就知道出了問題。我的卡被拒刷了!
go wrong發生差錯the moment that一…swipe(v.)刷、滑
Clara: How come? Did you max out your card?
卡拉:怎麼會?你刷爆了那張卡嗎?
max out刷爆
Ian: I don’t think so. I used the secondary card I got from my dad.
伊恩:應該不是。我用的是爸爸給我的附卡。
use(v.)使用secondary card or supplementary card附卡
Clara: You should call the bank to check your line of credit.
卡拉:你應該打電話給銀行檢查一下信用額度。
line of credit or credit line or credit limit信用額度
Ian: Good idea. I’ll tell my dad about this as well.
伊恩:好主意。我也會把這件事告訴爸爸。