
掃廁所不孤單
Joanna and Josh are classmates. The class is drawing straws to decide the cleaning areas for everyone.
喬安娜和喬許是同學。班上正在抽籤決定每個人的打掃區域。
draw straw抽籤、drawing(n.)deicde(v.)決定cleaning area打掃區域
Joanna: Did you draw a straw?
喬安娜:你抽籤了嗎?
Josh: Yes. Toilet…again.
喬許:抽了,我又要掃一次廁所。
Joanna: Haha, you’re so lucky!
喬安娜:哈哈,也太幸運。
lucky(adj.)幸運
Josh: I always get the short straw. It’s not fair!
喬許:我總是這麼倒楣,一點都不公平。
getdraw the short draw分到不好的差事fair(adj.)公平、unfair(adj.)不公平
Joanna: Well, there are five short straws in total for toilet cleaning duty. You’re not alone.
喬安娜:總共有五個人要掃,不是只有你啊。
in total總共duty(n.)責任alone獨自
Josh: Did you get your straw?
喬許:你抽了嗎?
Joanna: Yeah, I’ll be cleaning windows. Easy peasy!
喬安娜:抽了,我負責擦窗戶。簡單差事。
easy peasy十分簡單
Josh: How I envy you!
喬許:我真羨慕你!
envy(v.)羨慕
Joanna: Look! Leo has to clean the toilets as well.
喬安娜:你看!里歐也要清廁所。
Josh: Haha! That’s my man! At least I’m not alone.
喬許:哈哈!真不愧是我的好朋友。至少我不是一個人。
that′s my man這才是我的好朋友、好傢伙at least至少