
多休息比較好
Irene is going to bed. She just got a call from her friend, Frank.
艾琳在睡前接到了她朋友法蘭克的電話。
call(n.)來電
Frank: Hi, Irene. Did I wake you?
法蘭克:嗨艾琳,我吵醒你了嗎?
wake(v.)使人清醒、吵醒wake up=醒來;get up=起床
Irene: No, it’s fine. What’s the matter?
艾琳:不,沒事的。怎麼了?
matter(n.)事情
Frank: I got sick yesterday, so I think I need to cancel our plans this weekend.
法蘭克:我昨天生病了,所以我想我需要取消我們這週末的計畫。
sick(adj.)生病
Irene: Oh, that’s too bad. Are you okay?
艾琳:噢,太可惜了。你還好嗎?
too bad=太糟了
Frank: Not really. I caught the flu. My doctor said I need to rest as much as I can.
法蘭克:不太好。我得了流感。醫生說我要盡可能多休息。
動詞三態catch-caught-caughtcatch a cold=感冒
Irene: Well, don’t worry about it. We can find some other time to hang out.
艾琳:嗯,別擔心計畫了。我們可以找其他時間再一起消磨時間。
hang out=出門玩;消磨時間
Frank: I’m sorry. I know you were looking forward to it.
法蘭克:抱歉,我知道你原本很期待的。
look forward to=期待某事
Irene: But it’s better for you to rest now.
艾琳:但對你來說,現在多休息比較好。
better=good比較級rest(v.)休息
Frank: Thank you. I’ll invite you to my place for dinner as soon as I get better.
法蘭克:謝謝你。等我身體好多了之後,我會盡快邀你來我家吃晚餐。
invite(v.)邀請soon(adv.)不久;很快
Irene: Sure. Take care.
艾琳:好啊。你多保重。