
訂房優惠,不住破費
Willy works at a hotel. He’s on the phone with a customer, Wendy.
威利在一間飯店工作,他正與一位客戶—溫蒂—講電話。
work(v.)工作hotel(n.)飯店on the phone講電話with(prep.)和
Wendy: I would like to cancel our reservation.
溫蒂:我想要取消我們的預約。
would like想要reservation(n.)預約,預訂
Willy: I’m afraid it’s too late to cancel it.
威利:恐怕太晚沒辦法取消了!
afraid(adj.)害怕的,擔憂的I’m afraid…恐怕,很遺憾,抱歉too…to…太……而不能……late(adj.)晚的,遲的
Wendy: Why is it too late?
溫蒂:為什麼太晚?
why(adv.)為什麼
Willy: You need to cancel it one month prior.
威利:你需要在一個月前就取消。
need(v.)需要month(n.)月prior(adj.)在先的,在前的
Wendy: That’s crazy!
溫蒂:這太荒唐了!
crazy(adj.)荒謬的,愚蠢的
Willy: I’m sorry, Ma’am. It’s our policy.
威利:很抱歉,女士。這是規定。
sorry(adj.)遺憾的,抱歉的our(pron.)我們的policy(n.)政策
Wendy: What if I don’t want a full refund, can I cancel it now?
溫蒂:如果我不要全額退費的話,現在可以取消嗎?
what if如果……會怎樣full(adj.)完整的,全部的refund(n.)退款now(adv.)現在
Willy: That way you’ll get a fifty percent refund, and you get to cancel it.
威利:那樣子的話妳會有一半的退款,並且可以取消。
that way那樣子get(v.)得到percent(n.)百分之……get(v.) 有機會,得到……的機會
Wendy: Okay! I’ll do it that way.
溫蒂:好的,那就這樣做吧!
Willy: No problem!
威利:沒問題!
problem(n.)問題