
靠自己粉刷
Gabe and Lesley are friends. They are chatting.
蓋博和萊絲莉是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Gabe: Lesley, can you recommend a good electrician or painter?
蓋博:萊絲莉,你有推薦的電工或油漆師傅嗎?
Lesley: Do you want to refurbish your house?
萊絲莉:你想整修你家嗎?
refurbish(v.)再裝修、整修
Gabe: Yes, I tried to make appointments with a few local guys, but they were all fully booked.
蓋博:對,我試著預約幾位本地的師傅,但他們的預約都額滿了。
appointment(n.)預約、約定make an appointment with sb.與某人預約fully booked預約額滿
Lesley: New Year is around the corner, and most people want to renovate their homes before celebrating New Year. It’s normal that you can’t find any of them available now.
萊絲莉:新年快到了,大部分的人都想在慶祝新年前裝修好他們的家。你現在找不到有空的師傅很正常。
around the corner即將來臨renovate(v.)翻新、整修celebrate(v.)慶祝normal(n.)正常的、平常的available(adj.)有空的
Gabe: Oh, no. I should have done this a few months ago.
蓋博:噢,不。我早該在幾個月前就預約的。
Lesley: Maybe you can paint the house yourself. I can help you.
萊絲莉:或許你可以自己粉刷你家。我可以幫你。
paint(v.)(n.)刷油漆、繪畫、油漆
Gabe: Good idea. I just want to paint my balcony. It’s not a big area.
蓋博:好主意。我只是想油漆我的陽台。不是個大地方。
balcony(n.)陽台
Lesley: Great.
萊絲莉:好耶。
Gabe: But I also want to change the sockets in my kitchen. I guess I’m not able to do that myself.
蓋博:但我也想更換廚房的插座。我猜我沒辦法自己來。
socket(n.)插座plug(n.)插頭be able to do sth.能夠做某事
Lesley: You should find a professional to help you with that.
萊絲莉:你應該找專業人士來幫你。
professional(n.)(adj.)專業人士、專業的