
跟著標誌走
Amy is shopping at a department store and needs to use the restroom. So, she asks a store clerk to help her find the ladies’ room.
艾米在百貨公司購物,她需要上洗手間。於是她請店員幫她找女廁。
need to do sth.需要做某事
Amy: Excuse me. Do you know where the ladies’ room is?
艾米:不好意思。請問女廁在哪裡?
Where is the ladies’ room?直接問句What is your name?=間接問句Could you tell me what your name is?
Clerk: The restrooms are on the second floor.
店員:洗手間在二樓。
floor(n.)地板、樓層序數+floor=第~樓the third, fourth, fifth floor第三、四、五樓(英)the ground floor=(美)the first floor
Amy: Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me the quickest way to get there?
艾米:謝謝你告訴我。你能告訴我怎麼走能最快抵達嗎?
quick(adj.)迅速的、快的quick-quicker-quickestfast(adj.)快的
Clerk: No problem! Just go straight ahead and take the escalator on your left. That’ll take you to the second floor and you’ll see a sign for the restrooms. Just follow the sign to your right and the ladies’ room will be on your left.
店員:沒問題!往前直走,然後搭左側的電扶梯。那會帶你到二樓,然後你會看到洗手間的標誌。跟著你右邊的標誌走,女廁就在你的左邊。
go straight直走escalator(n.)電扶梯left(adj.)左邊的、左側的right(adj.)右邊的、右側的sign(n.)標誌;(v.)簽署、簽名
Amy: Great, thank you so much! I’ll head there right away.
艾米:太好了,非常感謝!我現在就去。
head(v.)前往right away立即、馬上right now現在
Clerk: You’re welcome. Let me know if you need help with anything else.
店員:不用客氣。如果需要任何其他幫助,請告訴我。
Amy: Sure, thanks again. Have a good day!
艾米:好的,再次感謝。祝你有美好的一天!
Clerk: You too.
店員:你也是。