
第一次約會還是帶上現金吧!
Emily and Daniel are on their first date, and are about to pay.
愛蜜莉和丹尼爾第一次約會,他們正準備結帳。
first(adj.)第一的date(n.)約會be about to正要
Emily: 1260 minus 800 is 460.
艾蜜莉:1260扣掉800是460。
minus(prep.)減去
Daniel: Let me pay this time.
丹尼爾:這頓我請啦。
let(v.)讓time(n.)次,回
Emily: Why, thank you!
艾蜜莉:謝謝囉。
Daniel: Can I pay by card here?
丹尼爾:請問這邊有刷卡嗎?
Cashier: We only take cash.
店員:我們只收現金。
only(adv.)只有take(v.)接納,收受cash(n.)現金
Daniel: I happen to not have any cash on me right now.
丹尼爾:我身上剛好沒現金耶。
happen to碰巧any(pron.)任何right now此刻,現在
Emily: Let me help you pay first then.
愛蜜莉:我先幫你付吧。
help(v.)幫忙first(adv.)先,首先then(adv.)那麼
Cashier: The total is 1260.
店員:總共1260。
total(n.)總額,總數
Emily: Here’s 2000. I also have 60 in change.
愛蜜莉:給你2000,我還有60。
also(adv.)也change(n.)硬幣,零錢
Cashier: Okay, here’s 800.
店員:好的,找你800。
Daniel: Is there an ATM nearby?
丹尼爾:請問附近有ATM嗎?
ATM = automated teller machinenearby(adv.)在附近
Cashier: Turn right and you will find a convenience store straight ahead.
店員:右轉直走有一家便利商店。
turn(v.)轉彎right(adv.)向右find(v.)發現convenience store便利商店straight(adv.)直地ahead(adv.)在前,向前
Daniel: Let me draw some money and pay you back.
丹尼爾:我再領錢還你。
draw(v.)提取,領取back(adv.)返回