
水果攤日常
Penny is at a market. She is talking to the vendor of a fruit stand.
佩妮正在市場,她正在跟水果攤的老闆對話。
market市場、supermarket超市、Christmas market聖誕市集vendor小販fruit stand水果攤
Vendor: What do you need?
老闆:需要些什麼?
need(v.)需要
Penny: I want an apple, please.
佩妮:我要一顆蘋果,謝謝。
want(v.)想要a and an不定冠詞、注意母音
Vendor: Only one? Do you want some oranges as well?
老闆:只要一個?要不要也買些橘子?
as well=too也orange(n.)橘子
Penny: Are oranges in season now?
佩妮:現在是橘子的產季嗎?
in season產季時
Vendor: Yes, and strawberries are in season now, too.
老闆:沒錯,草莓也是。
strawberry(n.)草莓
Penny: Oh, I love strawberries. I’ll take some of the big ones then.
佩妮:噢,我愛草莓。那我要一些大的草莓。
big(adj.)大的
Vendor: What about oranges? You can make fresh orange juice.
老闆:那橘子呢?你可以榨成新鮮的果汁!
make(v.)製作fresh orange juice現榨柳橙汁
Penny: No, I’m good. What’s the total?
佩妮:沒關係不用了。總共多少錢?
I′m good不用了What is the total?=How much is the total?總額多少
Vendor: 120. The apple is on the house.
老闆:120。蘋果就當我請你的。
the定冠詞on the house商家招待=for free
Penny: Ok, here you go. Thank you!
佩妮:好的,錢在這,謝謝!