
搶到好康了
Joseph just came home. Nelson sees him carrying many shopping bags.
約瑟夫剛回到家,尼爾森看見他提著很多購物袋。
come-camecarry(v.)提;拿shopping(n.)購物
Joseph: Hey! Look what I bought today.
約瑟夫:嘿,看我今天買了什麼。
buy-bought
Nelson: Oh my goodness! You bought so many clothes.
尼爾森:我的天啊!你買了那麼多衣服啊。
Joseph: I got them in an end-of-season sale.
約瑟夫:我是在季末大拍賣上買到的。
get-got
Nelson: You know that is a trick. The companies just want to get rid of all the off-season clothes.
尼爾森:你知道那只是商家的詭計吧。他們只想出清過季的衣服。
trick(n.)詭計;騙局magic trickcompany(n.)公司;商家get rid of sth.擺脫;丟棄off-season(adj.)過季的;淡季off-season rates
Joseph: I know, but I’m willing to fall for it. Guess how much this floral shirt is?
約瑟夫:我知道啊,但我甘心受騙。你猜這件花襯衫多少錢?
be willing to do sth.願意做某事fall for sth.受騙;落入圈套fall for sb.迷戀;愛上某人guess(v.)(n.)猜make a guessfloral(adj.)有花卉圖案的floral wallpaperfloral curtains
Nelson: $500, I guess?
尼爾森:我猜500元?
Joseph: Even cheaper. It’s $200! I got 50% off on it! What a steal, right?
約瑟夫:還更便宜,只要200元!這件打了五折呢!真是搶到好康了,你說對吧?
cheap(adj.)(cheap-cheaper-cheapest)便宜的off(n.)折扣;打折=discountwhat a steal搶到好康
Nelson: Whatever. Don’t you know winter is coming? What are you going to do with these summer clothes?
尼爾森:隨便。你應該知道冬天到了吧,你要怎麼處理這些夏季的衣服?
whatever=隨便;無所謂winter(n.)冬天summer(n.)夏天
Joseph: Don’t you worry. I can wear them the next summer.
約瑟夫:這不用你操心,我可以在明年夏季穿上這些衣服啊。
wear(v.)穿;戴wear glasseswear perfume
Nelson: Will you? I’m sure you will buy new clothes by that time.
尼爾森:你確定?我敢說你在那之前一定會再買新衣服的。