
買不買都是學問
Amber and her friend Kevin are at the airport duty-free shop before flying back to Taiwan.
安柏和她的朋友凱文飛回台灣前,在機場免稅店購物。
Amber: Wow, the duty-free shop is big! Are you buying anything?
安柏:哇,免稅店好大!你要買什麼嗎?
Kevin: I’m thinking about getting some whiskey. It’s cheaper here.
凱文:我在想買一點威士忌,這裡比較便宜。
think about考慮、思考、想起
Amber: Do you remember the Taiwan limit? I think travelers can bring in up to 1.5 liters of alcohol.
安柏:你記得台灣的限額嗎?我記得旅客最多只能帶1.5公升的酒。
limit(n.)限額、限制bring in帶進、引進up to最高到、最多到
Kevin: Yeah, that’s right. And for cigarettes, it’s 200 sticks, right?
凱文:對,沒錯。菸的話是200支,對吧?
stick(n.)(一)枝、(一)根
Amber: Yes. And you have to be over 20 to bring cigarettes into Taiwan.
安柏:對,而且帶菸入境要年滿20歲。
bring sth. into a country把某物帶入境
Kevin: Okay. Let me check the price… Hmm, I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll buy one bottle only.
凱文:好,我看一下價格⋯⋯嗯,我不太確定。也許我買一瓶就好。
Amber: You know, alcohol and cigarettes are not really good for your health.
安柏:你知道,菸酒其實對健康不好。
health(n.)身體狀況、健康stay in good health維持健康=stay healthy
Kevin: True. I’ve been trying to drink less and smoke less.
凱文:也是。我最近一直想少喝、少抽。
have/has been V-ing現在完成進行式less(adv.)較少地
Amber: Then maybe don’t buy it. You can save money and stay healthy.
安柏:那也許不要買了。這樣可以省錢,也更健康。
save(v.)存、節省、拯救、保留
Kevin: You’re right. I’ll skip it today. No alcohol, no cigarettes.
凱文:你說得對。我今天不買了。酒和菸都不買。
skip it算了、跳過
Amber: Good choice! Let’s just get local butter cookies.
安柏:好決定!我們買點當地的奶油餅乾。
make a choice做出選擇have no choice別無選擇
Kevin: Sounds good. Let’s go.
凱文:好啊,我們走吧。