
一隻很吵的狗
Robert is at an electronics store.
羅伯特在電子用品店。
electronics(n.)電子學,electronics store電子用品店
Cashier: Did you find everything you needed today?
收銀員:您今天找到所需要的東西了嗎?
cashier(n.)收銀員,cash(n.)現金find(v.)找到、發現need(v.)需要
Robert: Yes, thank you. These headphones are exactly what I need. My neighbor recently got a really loud dog, which has been driving me crazy. I can’t get any work done.
羅伯特:是的,謝謝。這耳機正是我需要的,我鄰居最近養了一隻很吵的狗,要把我搞瘋了,我無法完成任何工作。
exactly(adv.)恰好地、正好地drive sb. crazy逼瘋某人、使某人受不了
Cashier: I’m sure they will do the trick. That will be $8,800.
收銀員:我想它們一定能派上用場的,這樣是8,800元。
do the trick派上用場
Robert: Wow. That’s expensive. But they are supposed to be the best, aren’t they?
羅伯特:哇,好貴啊,但是它們應該是最好的,不是嗎?
suppose(v.)期望、認為應該
Cashier: Yes, this is a good brand.
收銀員:是的,這是一個很好的品牌。
brand(n.)品牌、牌子
Robert: Oh, what the heck. I’ll go for it.
羅伯特:管它的,就買吧。
what the heck管它的、有沒有搞錯
Cashier: Do you want to purchase our protection plan, in case something happens to them?
收銀員:您要加購我們的防護方案,以免發生意外嗎?
purchase(v.)購買in case以防萬一
Robert: That’s all right. I don’t think I’ll need it.
羅伯特:沒關係,我想我不需要。
Cashier: Here you go. Have a good one.
收銀員:好了,祝您有個愉快的一天。
Have a good one.=Have a good day.=Goodbye.
Robert: Same to you.
羅伯特:你也是。
Same to you.=You too.