
修理老房子
Tom just moved into his house in California. The house is very old, so he wants to fix it himself. He goes to Home Depot to buy a power drill.
湯姆剛搬進他在加州的房子。那間房子很舊,所以他想自己修理。他去家得寶買一支電鑽。
fix(v.)修理himself他自己(親自做)by oneself獨自完成、獨自一個人
Tom: Excuse me. Where are the power drills?
湯姆:不好意思,請問電鑽在哪裡?
Staff: They are in Aisle 5, over there. Let me show you.
店員:在第5走道,在那邊。我帶你去。
aisle(n.)走道、貨架排
Tom: Thank you.
湯姆:謝謝你。
(They walk to Aisle 5.)
(他們走到第5走道。)
Staff: Here they are. What kind of power drill are you looking for?
店員:在這裡。你想找哪一種電鑽?
look for尋找find(v.)找(強調結果)
Tom: I want a simple one.
湯姆:我想要一支簡單的。
simple(adj.)簡單的、樸素的
Staff: This one is very good. It is easy to use.
店員:這一款很好,而且很容易使用。
Tom: Does it have a battery?
湯姆:它有附電池嗎?
battery(n.)電池battery life電池續航力battery level電量
Staff: Yes, it comes with a battery and a charger.
店員:有的,它附有電池和充電器。
sth. comes with sth.某物附帶、附有~charger(n.)充電器
Tom: How much is it?
湯姆:多少錢?
Staff: It is $80.
店員:80美元。
Tom: Okay. I will take it. Where do I check out?
湯姆:好,那我要這個。請問在哪裡結帳?
check out結帳、辦理退房、調查、核對
Staff: The cashier is at the front of the store.
店員:收銀台在店門口前面。
at the front of…在…的前面(指空間位置或順序上的前方)in front of在…正前方(面對)
Tom: Great. Thanks for your help!
湯姆:太好了。謝謝你的幫忙!