
台灣學生遇上加拿大冬天
Jessica is a new international student in Toronto, Canada. It is November, and the temperature is -5°C. She goes to a mall to buy a jacket.
傑西卡是一位剛到加拿大多倫多留學的新生。現在是十一月,氣溫是負5度。她去購物中心打算買一件外套。
temperature(n.)溫度
Shop Assistant: Hi there! Are you looking for a winter jacket?
店員:嗨!你正在找冬天穿的外套嗎?
look for尋找
Jessica: Yes. I’m from Taiwan. It is very cold here!
傑西卡:是的。我來自台灣。這裡真的非常冷!
freezing(adj.)極凍的
Shop Assistant: Welcome to Canada! You need a down jacket. This one is good for -20°C.
店員:歡迎來到加拿大!你需要一件羽絨外套。這件可以抵擋零下20度。
cold-proof(adj.)防寒的
Jessica: Wow! Is it heavy? I don’t like heavy clothes.
傑西卡:哇!它很重嗎?我不喜歡很重的衣服。
clothes(n.)衣服cloth(n.)布
Shop Assistant: No, it is very light. Please try it on.
店員:不,它非常輕。請試穿看看。
light(adj.)輕的try on試穿
Jessica: (Trying it on) Oh, it is very warm. Does it have a hood?
傑西卡:(試穿中)喔,這件非常保暖。它有帽子嗎?
hood(n.)帽子
Shop Assistant: Yes. The hood keeps your ears warm in the snow.
店員:有的。帽子可以在下雪時讓你的耳朵保持溫暖。
keep O. adj.維持~的狀態
Jessica: That is great. How much is this jacket?
傑西卡:太棒了。這件外套多少錢?
Shop Assistant: It is 250 Canadian dollars.
店員:250加幣。
Jessica: Okay. Can I pay by credit card?
傑西卡:好的。我可以用信用卡付款嗎?
pay sb. money:付錢給某人pay money for sth.為某物付錢
Shop Assistant: Of course. Follow me to the cashier.
店員:當然可以。請跟我來收銀台。
cashier(n.)收銀員、收銀台