
重度飲用者
Irene and Terry are colleagues. They are going to work together by metro.
艾琳和泰瑞是同事,他們正一起坐捷運上班。
by metro搭捷運
Irene: Terry, before we head to the office, I want to grab a coffee.
艾琳:泰瑞,我們到公司前,我想買杯咖啡。
head(v.)出發、前往grab(v.)抓住、抓取
Terry: All right. But be quick. I don’t want to be late for work.
泰瑞:好啊,但是要快點,我不想上班遲到。
late for work上班遲到,late for school上學遲到
Irene: Hey, here is a new coffee shop. It says buy one get one free.
艾琳:嘿,這裡有一家新開的咖啡店,有買一送一耶。
here is…=there is…
Terry: Didn’t you see the line? There are at least 15 people waiting in line.
泰瑞:你沒看到這隊伍嗎?至少有15個人在排隊。
line(n.)排列等候的隊伍at least至少wait(stand) in line排隊,cut in line插隊
Irene: It’s a real bargain. Come on. What kind of coffee do you want? My treat.
艾琳:這很划算耶,來嘛,你要喝什麼咖啡?我請客。
bargain(n.)特價商品、便宜貨my treat我請客
Terry: I don’t drink coffee. Last time, when I drank a latte, I was wide awake all night.
泰瑞:我不喝咖啡,上一次我喝拿鐵的時候,我整晚都睡不著。
drink(v.)喝wide(adv.)很大地awake(adj.)醒著的
Irene: That’s too bad. I am a heavy coffee drinker. I have no problem drinking two cups of coffee a day.
艾琳:那真糟糕,我是個重度咖啡飲用者,我一天喝兩杯咖啡都沒問題。
heavy(adj.)大量的、多的have no problem+Ving可以⋯
Terry: Then, just get in line. I have to go now. I don’t like to rush.
泰瑞:那麼,你就去排隊吧,我要先走了,我不想太趕。
rush(v.)急速做事
Irene: Could you please clock in for me, just in case I’m late?
艾琳:可以請你幫我打卡嗎?以免我遲到。
clock in上班打卡in case+子句=以防⋯
Terry: Fine. You owe me one.
泰瑞:好啦,你欠我一次。
owe(v.)欠錢、欠人情