
養成持久好習慣
Sam and Lily are in the dorm lounge, talking about study tips.
山姆和莉莉在宿舍休息區,聊讀書秘訣。
dormitory(n.)宿舍
Sam: Ugh… Lily, I have a ton of English words to memorize. I feel like I’m drowning in vocab!
山姆:唉⋯⋯莉莉,我有好多英文單字要背,感覺快被單字淹沒了!
a ton of很多、大量=tons ofmemorize(v.)背誦、記住drown in被~淹沒、對~應接不暇
Lily: Haha, chill! I do microlearning — just 20 minutes at a time. Bite-sized sessions.
莉莉:哈哈,放輕鬆!我用微學習——每次只學 20 分鐘,短短的就好。
micro(prefix)微小的microscope(n.)顯微鏡at a time一次、持續一段時間session(n.)(學習、訓練的)一段時間
Sam: Wait, 20 minutes? That’s it? I thought I needed hours of study.
山姆:等一下,二十分鐘?就這樣?我還以為要學好幾個小時呢。
Lily: Nope. Short sessions are way easier. Plus, I sneak in quick reviews of old words whenever I have a free moment.
莉莉:不會啦。短時間學習簡單多了。而且我會趁空檔偷偷複習舊單字。
sneak in偷偷加入、利用空檔做某事review(n.)複習whenever(adv.)每當…的時候
Sam: Sneaky reviews, huh? I like that. So no all-nighters?
山姆:偷偷複習喔?我喜歡這招。意思是不用熬夜抱佛腳了?
all-nighter(n.)熬夜通宵pull an all-nighter熬夜通宵
Lily: Exactly! I mix new words with old ones every day. It sticks better in my brain.
莉莉:對啊!每天新舊混合,單字記得比較牢。
mix A with B把A和B混在一起
Sam: Okay… I could try that tonight. Maybe just five or six words to start.
山姆:好⋯⋯我今晚可以試試。先從五六個單字開始。
Lily: That’s a good way to start. Just keep at it, and see how it feels in a week.
莉莉:不錯的開始。持續做看看,過一週再看看效果就好。
keep at持續努力、堅持
Sam: Yeah, I like that. Small steps make it easier to stick.
山姆:嗯,我喜歡這樣。慢慢來比較容易養成習慣。
step(n.)步驟