
一起騎車環島
Nancy and Owen are friends. Owen is teaching Nancy how to ride a scooter.
南希和歐文是朋友。歐文在教南希騎機車。
ride(v.)騎乘scooter(n.)機車、motorcycle摩托車
Nancy: I think we’ll call it a day.
南希:我想今天就這樣吧。
call it a day今天就到這、結束工作
Owen: You did well today! Good job.
歐文:你今天騎得很好!很棒。
Nancy: I think I’m starting to get the hang of this.
南希:我想我開始掌握竅門了。
get the hang of sth.掌握訣竅、知道門路
Owen: I’ll say. This is just your second practice.
歐文:沒錯。這只是你第二次練習呢。
second(adj.)第二個的practice(n., v.)練習
Nancy: I’m not so worried now.
南希:我現在不那麼擔心了。
worried(adj.)擔憂的
Owen: See! It’s easier than you thought.
歐文:看!比你想像的要容易很多吧。
easy(adj.)簡單的
Nancy: Still, I have a lot to learn.
南希:不過我還有很多要學。
still然而
Owen: You’ll get there. We can travel around Taiwan by scooter soon.
歐文:你做得到。我們很快就可以一起騎車環島了。
travel(v.)旅行by+交通工具
Nancy: It’ll be like building castles in the air for me.
南希:這對現在的我來說就跟白日夢一樣。
Owen: No way! You will make it.
歐文:不會!你會成功的。
make it成功