
從零開始
Matt ran into Karl at a local Home Depot.
麥特在附近的家得寶遇到了卡爾。
Matt: Karl! What are you doing here?
麥特:卡爾!你在這裡做什麼?
Karl: My wife asked me to fix the fences. I need some extra nails. You?
卡爾:我妻子要我把籬笆修好。我需要一些釘子。你呢?
fix(v.)修理=repairfence(n.)圍籬nail(n.)指甲、釘子
Matt: I promised my kids that I would build a treehouse for them.
麥特:我答應過我的孩子們要蓋一間樹屋。
promise(v.)允諾、答應
Karl: Really! That’s a lot of work!
卡爾:真的嗎!這可是大工程!
Matt: Yeah. I’m going to build it from scratch, too.
麥特:沒錯。我還要從零開始蓋。
from scratch從頭開始
Karl: Are you good at carpentry?
卡爾:你擅長木工嗎?
carpentry木工
Matt: Not really. I hope I won’t run into any problems.
麥特:不是很擅長。希望我不會遇到太多問題。
run into a problem遇到問題
Karl: I’ll come by to your house then, to give you a hand.
卡爾:那我等等去你家看看,幫你忙。
give sb. a hand=help out sb.幫忙某人
Matt: That would be great! I could really use your help.
麥特:那就太好不過了!我真的需要一點協助。
use your help需要協助
Karl: Nice! See you.
卡爾:好!等下見。