
公司可能開始裁員
Eddie has been very grumpy lately. His friend, Terry, has been very worried about him.
艾迪最近脾氣很暴躁。他的朋友泰瑞非常擔心他。
grumpy(adj.)暴躁的、脾氣古怪的
Terry: Eddie, how have you been lately? You seem upset.
泰瑞:艾迪,最近如何?你看起來不太好。
upset(adj.)悶悶不樂、不悅
Eddie: I’m fine. What do you want?
艾迪:很好。你想要幹嘛?
Terry: Just worried about you. You know you can open up to me, right?
泰瑞:只是擔心你。你知道你可以對我敞開心胸說話,對吧?
be open up to sb.對某人敞開心房
Eddie: I know… I have been under a lot of pressure lately. Our firm might start to let people go. I might lose my job.
艾迪:我知道……最近我壓力很大。我們的公司可能會開始裁員。我可能會失業。
under pressure壓力大let go=lay off解雇
Terry: Is it official?
泰瑞:已經確定了嗎?
official(adj.)正式的、官方的
Eddie: Not yet.
艾迪:還沒有。
Terry: Don’t freak out. Let me tell you about the “Stress Buffer Shield.” It will help you get through this stressful time.
泰瑞:那別害怕。讓我告訴這個「壓力緩衝盾」。這會幫助你度過難關。
freak out驚慌失措、慌張stressful(adj.)充滿壓力的
Eddie: Sure.
艾迪:好。
Terry: First, you should have your support networks. Have someone to talk to when you are feeling down. Also, try to always keep a positive attitude.
泰瑞:首先,應該建立個人支持網絡。情緒低落時,要有個人可以聊聊。此外,時常保持積極正向的念頭。
positive(adj.)正面的、negative(adj.)負面的attitude(n.)態度
Eddie: And then?
艾迪:然後呢?
Terry: Then, you should find your own way to blow off steam. Finally, learn some actions that you can take to solve the problems that bother you.
泰瑞:你應該找到自己的方法來減緩壓力。最後,要找到能改變壓力問題的行動技巧。
blow off steam緩解壓力、紓壓action(n.)行動solve problem解決問題bother(v.)困擾
Eddie: Thank you. I’ll give it a try.
艾迪:謝謝。我會試試看的。