
吃到飽第一盤
Andy and Betty are friends. They are chatting.
安迪和貝蒂是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Andy: Hey, do you remember last weekend when we went to the park? It was so hot!
安迪:嘿,你記得上週末我們去公園的時候嗎?真的是超熱的!
Betty: Yeah! We definitely needed some cold drinks after that.
貝蒂:記得啊!那之後我們真的需要喝點冷飲。
definitely(adv.)肯定、當然
Andy: Exactly! And we walked past that buffet restaurant. I was thinking, “That would be great for lunch!”
安迪:沒錯!我們經過那家自助餐廳,我就在想:「那裡午餐應該很不錯!」
past(prep.)經過
Betty: Oh yeah! I love eating at all-you-can-eat buffets. You can pick what you like. What do you usually get first?
貝蒂:喔,對啊!我喜歡在吃到飽餐廳用餐。可以挑自己喜歡吃的。你通常會先拿什麼?
usually(adv.)通常
Andy: I always go for salad. It’s light, and I can eat a lot of it.
安迪:我總是先拿沙拉。很清爽,又能吃很多。
go for sth.選擇某物light(adj.)清淡的、輕的a lot of 很多=lots of
Betty: Nice! I usually grab soup first. It warms me up and makes me feel cozy.
貝蒂:真不錯!我通常會先拿湯。湯能暖胃,讓我覺得很舒服。
grab(v.)(迅速)抓取、拿warm sb. up讓(某人)暖起來、暖身、暖胃cozy(adj.)溫暖舒適的、愜意的
Andy: Good choice! But some people take a lot of fried shrimp first.
安迪:好選擇!不過有些人會先拿很多炸蝦。
fried(adj.)油炸的fry(v.)煎、炸shrimp(n.)蝦子
Betty: Really? That sounds crazy, but I get it. Fried shrimp is delicious! Maybe next time I’ll try sushi first.
貝蒂:真的嗎?那聽起來好瘋狂,不過我能理解,炸蝦真的很好吃!下次我可能會先拿生魚片。
taste(n.)味道
Andy: Sushi is always a good idea! Let’s do it next time!
安迪:壽司一直都是好選擇!下次我們就這樣做!
always(adv.)總是next time下次、下回