
公司來了新同事
Iverson and Amy are coworkers. They meet for the first time in an office meeting.
艾佛森跟愛咪是同事,他們在會議上第一次碰面。
coworker(n.)同事meet(v.)遇見office(n.)辦公室meeting(n.)會議
Iverson: Hi Amy! I’m Iverson. Peter said you recently transferred from the sales department. How’s everything going here so far?
艾佛森:嗨愛咪!我是艾佛森。彼得跟我說你最近從銷售部門轉來,目前覺得如何啊?
recently(adv.)最近transfer(v.)調轉department(n.)部門so far目前
Amy: I’m okay, just a bit busy.
愛咪:還可以,就是有點忙。
a bit一些busy(adj.)忙碌的
Iverson: Are there many new skills to learn?
艾佛森:有很多新技巧要學吧?
many(adj.)許多的new(adj.)新的skill(n.)技巧learn(v.)學習
Amy: Yeah, there are, but my teammates are kind and have helped me a lot.
艾咪:是啊,滿多的,但我的團隊同仁們都很好,幫了我很多。
teammate(n.)隊友、夥伴kind(adj.)善良的help(v.)幫助a lot很多
Iverson: Good to hear that.
艾佛森:那太好了。
hear(v.)聽見
Amy: How long have you worked for our firm?
愛咪:你在我們公司做多久了?
work(n.)工作firm(n.)公司
Iverson: Five years. I’m in the design department.
艾佛森:5年了,我是設計部的。
design(n.)設計department(n.)部門
Amy: I see.
愛咪:原來如此。
Iverson: Peter also told me you’re into cycling. Same here. Maybe we can hang out sometime.
艾佛森:彼得也說你很喜歡騎腳踏車,我也是,也許我們可以找時間一起出去。
be into sth喜歡某事cycle(v.)騎單車same here我也是hang out聚聚sometime(adv.)某個時候
Amy: Sure. I’d love to.
愛咪:當然,我很樂意。