
晚餐或宵夜才是最重要的一餐?!
Gary and Jenny are talking about the menu for dinner.
蓋瑞和珍妮正在討論晚餐的菜單。
talk about談論menu(n.)菜單dinner(n.)晚餐
Jenny: I saw a report today.
珍妮:我今天看到一份報告。
see(v.)看report(n.)報告
Gary: What is it about?
蓋瑞:是關於什麼呢?
about(prep.)關於
Jenny: It’s about the meal you eat before sleep is the most important one of the day.
珍妮:它是關於你在睡前吃的那一餐是當天最重要的一餐。
eat(v.)吃before(prep.)在……之前sleep(n.)睡眠
Gary: Really? I thought breakfast is the most important.
蓋瑞:真的嗎?我以為早餐是最重要的。
really(adv.)真的,的確think(v).想,認為
Jenny: So did I, but the report changed my point of view.
珍妮:我也是,但是這份報告改變了我的看法。
so(adv.)也一樣,也如此but(conj.)但是change(v.)改變point of view觀點,看法
Gary: Why is it?
蓋瑞:為什麼呢?
Why(adv.)為什麼
Jenny: It’s because people digest best when they sleep.
珍妮:這是因為人們在睡覺時的消化是最好的。
because(conj.)因為people(n.)人們digest(v.)消化best(adv.)最好的when(conj.)當……的時候sleep(v.)睡覺
Gary: So, if we eat well for dinner, we’ll be healthier?
蓋瑞:如此一來,如果我們晚餐吃得好,就會更健康嗎?
so(adv.)如此看來if(conj.)如果well(adv.)好we’ll = we willhealthier(adj.)較健康的
Jenny: That’s right.
珍妮:沒錯!
right(adj.)正確的,對的
Gary: I think we should choose carefully what we eat for dinner!
蓋瑞:我想我們應該小心的選擇晚餐吃的東西了!
should(aux.)應該choose(v.)選擇carefully(adv.)謹慎的,小心的what(pron.)所……的事物