
放開心胸助長壽
Blaire and Bruce are at a party.
布萊兒和布魯斯正在參加派對。
party(n.)派對
Bruce: Hi, Blaire. Why are you here alone?
布魯斯:嗨,布萊兒,妳為什麼一個人在這裡呢?
here(adv.)在這裡alone(adj.)(adv.)單獨的、獨自地
Blaire: Well, I don’t feel like making small talk with strangers.
布萊兒:嗯,我不想和陌生人聊天。
feel like想要small talk閒聊、寒暄
Bruce: Oh, right. I forgot that you’re not an outgoing person.
布魯斯:噢,對耶,我忘記妳不是外向的人。
right(adv.)對地forget(v.)忘記outgoing(adj.)外向的、愛交際的person(n.)…的人
Blaire: No, I’m not. I always have butterflies in my stomach when I talk to new friends.
布萊兒:我不是耶。我和新朋友說話時,總是會非常緊張。
always(adv.)一直、總是have butterflies in one’s stomach感到緊張、覺得心慌when(conj.)當
Bruce: That sounds like you have trouble meeting new people. Let me tell you some ways to break the ice with strangers.
布魯斯:聽起來妳在認識新朋友方面有些困擾。讓我教你一些與陌生人破冰的方法吧。
sound(v.)聽起來like(prep.)像trouble(n.)麻煩、困難meet(v.)認識let(v.)讓way(n.)方法
Blaire: Really? That would be great.
布萊兒:真的嗎?那太棒了。
really(excl.)真的、是嗎would(aux.)將、會
Bruce: You can think of some basic questions beforehand, like where they’re from or what they like to do.
布魯斯:妳可以事先想一些基本問題,像是他們來自哪裡或是他們喜歡做什麼。
basic(adj.)基本的question(n.)問題beforehand(adv.)事先
Blaire: Sounds good. If I know what to say, I won’t be so nervous.
布萊兒:聽起來不錯耶。如果我知道要說什麼,就不會這麼焦慮了。
if(conj.)如果、假如what(pron.)…的so(adv.)很、非常nervous(adj.)緊張的
Bruce: Exactly. You know what, a science study says that making friends is also good for your health. You’ll become smarter, sleep better and even live longer!
布魯斯:是啊。妳知道嗎,交朋友對健康也有好處哦。科學研究發現,你會變得更聰明、睡得更好、甚至更長壽。
exactly(adv.)精確地science(n.)科學study(n.)研究health(n.)健康become(v.)變得、成為smart(adj.)聰明的even(adv.)甚至long(adv.)長久地、長時間地
Blaire: Cool! Thanks a lot. I’ll try my best.
布萊兒:酷!謝啦,我會盡力嘗試的。
cool(excl.)好極的thanks(excl.)謝謝try one’s best盡力