
便宜的早鳥票
Simon and Rita are siblings. They are talking on the phone.
賽門和莉塔是兄妹。他們正在講電話。
Simon: The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming up. Mom said we should go home. Did you snap up a THSR ticket?
賽門:中秋節快到了。媽媽要我們回家。你有搶到高鐵票嗎?
festival(n.)節日、節Mid-Autumn Festival(Moon Festival)中秋節snap up sth.搶購某物
Rita: No. I failed. I tried to book a ticket on the website right at 12 o’clock, but it was running so slowly.
莉塔:沒有。失敗了。我在十二點整時試著想在網站上買票,但它跑好慢。
fail(v.)失敗website(n.)網站
Simon: I guess too many people wanted to book tickets.
賽門:我猜太多人想要訂票了。
Rita: Yes. And when I finally entered the webpage, it showed that early bird tickets had already sold out.
莉塔:對啊。當我終於進到網頁裡的時候,顯示早鳥票已經賣完了。
enter(v.)進入webpage(n.)網頁early bird ticket早鳥票sell(v.)販賣sell out銷售一空
Simon: Why didn’t you just buy a regular ticket?
賽門:為什麼你不買一般票呢?
regular ticket一般票child ticket兒童票student ticket學生票ticket for senior persons敬老票disabled ticket愛心票
Rita: Early bird tickets were cheaper. Anyway, regular tickets had sold out, too.
莉塔:早鳥票比較便宜。反正,一般票也賣光了。
cheap(adj.)便宜的cheap-cheaper-the cheapestanyway(adv.)反正
Simon: That’s too bad.
賽門:那太糟了。
Rita: I kept refreshing the webpage, but I didn’t get one.
莉塔:我一直刷新網頁,但還是沒買到。
refresh(v.)刷新、更新
Simon: Maybe you can buy a non-reserved seat.
賽門:或許你可以買自由座。
reserved(adj.)保留的、預訂的seat(n.)座位non-reserved seat自由座reserved seat對號座
Rita: That’s the only way, I guess.
莉塔:我想這是唯一的辦法了。