
不用提早到機場
Gina and Frank are at the airport waiting in line to board their plane.
吉娜和法蘭克在排隊登機。
line(n.)排隊隊伍=queueboard the plane登上飛機welcome aboard歡迎登機
Gina: We’ve been waiting in line for almost forty minutes, and there’s still a long way to go before it’s our turn.
吉娜:我們已經排隊快四十分鐘了,前面的隊伍還是很長。
have been waiting已持續多久,還要繼續動作a long way to go還有很久、還有很多事要完成
Frank: I guess it’s because of the holiday season.
法蘭克:應該是因為長假吧。
I guess我猜想=I suppose
Gina: How come no one has thought of a better way to do this?
吉娜:怎麼會沒人想到更有效率的方法來處理這件事?
how come怎麼會、為什麼
Frank: I think they have. The airport is introducing smart airport technology soon.
法蘭克:應該是有喔,機場就快要引進智慧機場科技了。
introduce(v.)引進、採用
Gina: How will that help?
吉娜:那會有什麼幫助?
Frank: They’ll use facial recognition for procedures like going through customs, security check, and even boarding.
法蘭克:他們會加入人臉辨識到登機程序裡,像是過海關、安檢、甚至登機。
facial recognition人臉辨識recognition(n.)認可procedure(n.)流程、程序process(n.)過程progress(n.)進步、進展customs(n.)海關、風俗習慣security check安全檢查
Gina: Will I be able to get into a lounge with Face ID too?
吉娜:那我能用人臉辨識進到休息室裡嗎?
lounge(n.)休息室identity(n.)身份、身份證
Frank: That part I don’t know for sure. But they did say you’ll be able to shop for duty-free gifts with Face ID.
法蘭克:這部份我不是很確定,但他們有說可以用人臉辨識買免稅品。
for sure確定地duty-free免稅的
Gina: I hope it works. That way, I won’t have to be at the airport so early.
吉娜:希望管用。這樣我就不用這麼早到機場了。
that way如此一來、這樣的話
Frank: Don’t risk it!
法蘭克:不要冒這個風險!
risk(v.)冒風險(n.)風險put sth. at risk置某事於風險中