
嘗試新事物
Andy and Molly are at a gym.
安迪和莫莉在健身房。
Andy: Hey Molly! Is it your leg day today?
安迪:嘿,莫莉!今天是練腿日嗎?
leg(n.)腿
Molly: No, I’m here for my boxing class.
莫莉:不,我是來上拳擊課的。
class(n.)課堂
Andy: Wow, that’s so cool. Why are you learning boxing?
安迪:哇,太酷了吧。為什麼會想學打拳擊?
Molly: I just want to blow off some steam. Sometimes I just want to hit something.
莫莉:我只是想發洩一下。有時我就是想揮拳打點什麼東西。
hit(v.)打擊-hit
Andy: Easy there, Champ! You enjoy it a lot?
安迪:放輕鬆一點啊!你很享受打拳擊嗎?
easy放輕鬆=take it easychamp=champion冠軍、有點揶揄的意味enjoy(v.)享受
Molly: Yes, and I am pretty good at it. You should come join me.
莫莉:對,而且我也蠻擅長。你應該來跟我一起上課。
pretty(adv.)非常be good at sth.擅長join(v.)加入
Andy: Well, I am always open to new things.
安迪:嗯,我總是想嘗試看看新事物。
be open to sth.開放、接受
Molly: Well, here we are. My class starts at seven.
莫莉:我們現在就在健身房唷。課七點開始。
start(v.)開始at+時間
Andy: Maybe not this week, but next week sounds good.
安迪:也許不是這禮拜啦,但下禮拜應該沒問題。
Molly: Sure. I’ll tell my coach then.
莫莉:當然。那我再告訴教練。
coach(n.)教練