
勇敢的伸出手臂
Tommy and Vince are friends. Tommy is going to donate blood.
湯米和文斯是朋友。湯米要去捐血。
donate(v.)捐贈、donation(n.)blood(n.)血液
Vince: What are you going to do later?
文斯:你等等打算做什麼?
Tommy: I’m going to donate blood. Want to join me?
湯米:我要去捐血。要不要一起啊?
join(v.)參加=come with
Vince: Why all of a sudden?
文斯:為什麼突然要捐血?
all of a sudden=suddenly突然
Tommy: The blood banks in Taipei are running low on blood type A and O. The Taipei Blood Center called on people to donate blood.
湯米:台北血庫A型和O型血量不足。台北捐血中心呼籲大家去挽袖捐血。
blood type血型=blood groupcall on sb. to do sth.號召、呼籲
Vince: Oh, but I don’t even know what my blood group is.
文斯:哦,但是我甚至不知道我的血型是什麼。
Tommy: The nurse will take care of it. Don’t worry.
湯米:護理師會處理啦。不用擔心。
take care of sth.照顧、處理
Vince: But I’m afraid of needles.
文斯:但是我很害怕針筒。
be afraid of sth.害怕needle(n.)針、針筒、唱針、指針
Tommy: Come on. No more “buts.” It’s a selfless act! We’re helping people!
湯米:拜託,不要再但是。這是無私的舉動!我們在幫助需要的人!
No more buts.別再但是了、別再找藉口了selfless(adj.)無私的、selfish(adj.)自私的act(n.)舉動
Vince: Alright. I’ll come with you.
文斯:好啦。我跟你去。