
把你的腦袋升級!
Anna is having a conversation with her brother James.
安娜正在和弟弟詹姆斯對話。
Anna: Happy Birthday, James! Got any cool gifts this year?
安娜:生日快樂,詹姆斯!今年收到什麼很酷的禮物嗎?
James: Thanks! Yeah, actually. I got a subscription to an online psychology course.
詹姆斯:謝啦!有啊,我收到一個線上心理學課程的訂閱。
subscription(n.)訂閱/subscribe(v.)訂閱psychology(n.)心理學、心理狀態course(n.)課程
Anna: Nice! That’s a gift that actually makes you smarter.
安娜: 哇,好讚喔!這種禮物真的會讓你變得更聰明。
James: Right? And I also got a puzzle set and a book on decision-making.
詹姆斯: 對吧?我還收到一套拼圖和一本決策方面的書。
set(n.)一組、一套decision-making(n.)決策、做決定的過程/make a decision做決定、下決策
Anna: Wow, that’s perfect. Puzzles are great for focus, and a decision-making book is useful for work.
安娜:哇,太棒了。拼圖可以訓練專注力,而決策書對工作很實用。
focus(n.)專注力、清晰度useful(adj.)實用的、有用的
James: Exactly. Way better than junk that just sit on the shelf.
詹姆斯:對啊,比那些放在那邊只能看的小廢物好太多了。
junk(n.)廢物、不實用的東西
Anna: So, which one are you starting with?
安娜:那你打算先從哪個開始呢?
James: Probably the course. Then I’ll do the puzzle and read the book later.
詹姆斯:應該先上課,之後再做拼圖,最後讀書。
probably(adv.)或許
Anna: Smart plan. By the end of the year, you’re going to be full of new ideas!
安娜:很聰明的安排!到年底你一定會有滿滿新點子。
by the end of~到~結束的時候、到~為止be full of~充滿、滿是~
James: Haha, I hope so. I’m excited to learn and try new things.
詹姆斯:哈哈,希望如此。我很期待學習新的事物。
look forward to期待