
不健康的零食
Randy and Jocelyn are roommates. Randy is being a couch potato.
蘭迪和喬斯琳是室友。蘭迪就懶在沙發上看電視。
couch potato懶在沙發上看電視不動的人
Jocelyn: How long have you been sitting there watching TV?
喬斯琳:你坐在那裡看電視多久了?
have been Ving現在完成進行式
Randy: I lost track of time. Maybe five hours.
蘭迪:我都忘記時間了。可能有五個小時吧。
lose track of time忘記、沒意識到時間
Jocelyn: That’s not good. Sitting for too long may increase the risk of having blood clots.
喬斯琳:那可不好。看電視的時間過長可能會提高得到血栓的風險喔。
increase(v.)增加risk(n.)風險、risky(adj.)
Randy: Don’t scare me. You made me very nervous.
蘭迪:別嚇我。你讓我很緊張。
scare(v.)使驚嚇、害怕
Jocelyn: A study found that those who watch TV for four hours or longer each day are more likely to have blood clots.
喬斯琳:一項研究發現每天看電視四小時或更長時間的人比較可能得到血栓呢。
period of time期間
Randy: I should stand up and stretch my body from time to time then.
蘭迪:那我應該偶爾站起來,伸展一下身體。
stretch(v.)伸展
Jocelyn: Yes, or you can hop on that stationary bike you bought.
喬斯琳:沒錯,你也可以騎一下你買的那台室內腳踏車。
hop on sth.跳上stationary bike室內腳踏車
Randy: Good idea. I’ll do that right now.
蘭迪:好主意。我現在就來騎。
Jocelyn: Also, you should avoid eating too many unhealthy snacks while you’re watching TV.
喬斯琳:另外你也應該避免在看電視時吃太多不健康的零食。
avoid+Ving避免
Randy: I can only do one step at a time, Jocelyn. One step.
蘭迪:我慢慢來,喬斯琳。慢慢來。
one step at a time一步一步來