
開啟人生新篇章
Sandra and Frank are classmates. They will graduate from university in June.
珊卓拉和法蘭克是同學。他們將在六月份從大學畢業。
graduate (v.)畢業
Sandra: Hey, Frank! Can you believe we’re graduating in June? It feels so unreal.
珊卓拉:嘿,法蘭克!你能相信我們六月份就要畢業了嗎?感覺好不真實。
Frank: I know, right? It’s been quite a journey. I’m excited but also a bit nervous about what comes next.
法蘭克:是啊,這一路走來經歷了很多。我很興奮,但對未來也有點緊張。
journey (n.)旅程a bit 有點兒、稍微be nervous about sth. 對……感到緊張
Sandra: I read this article about Bill Gates and his advice for graduates. It got me thinking.
珊卓拉:我讀到了一篇關於比爾蓋茨給畢業生建議的文章,讓我開始思考了起來。
Frank: Oh, really? What did he say?
法蘭克:喔,真的嗎?他說了些什麼?
Sandra: Well, he mentioned how our decisions aren’t set in stone. It’s okay to change our plans if we want to.
珊卓拉:嗯,他提到我們的決定不是註定的。如果我們想改變計畫,那也是可以的。
not set in stone 還未確定、未成定局
Frank: That’s comforting to hear. Sometimes I feel stressed, thinking I have to have everything figured out right away.
法蘭克:聽到這點真是令人欣慰。有時候我會感到壓力很大,覺得自己必須立刻把一切都弄清楚。
comforting (adj.)令人安慰的、使人寬慰的stressed (adj.)感到壓力大的stressful (adj.) 令人壓力大的figure out 想清楚、弄明白
Sandra: Exactly! He also said it’s important to keep learning and ask for help when we face challenges.
珊卓拉:沒錯!他還說當我們面臨挑戰時,持續學習和尋求幫助是很重要的。
challenge (n.)挑戰overcome challenges 克服挑戰
Frank: That makes sense. We don’t have to get all the answers on our own.
法蘭克:這很有道理。我們不必自己得出所有答案。
make sense 有道理on one’s own 獨立地、靠自己
Sandra: Absolutely. He also talked about finding a balance and taking breaks when needed. We need to take care of ourselves.
珊卓拉:沒錯。他還談到找尋平衡和在需要時休息一下。我們需要照顧好自己。
balance (n.)平衡take care of sb. 照顧某人
Frank: Wise words. We should take care of ourselves even when things get tough.
法蘭克:明智的建議。即使過得不順遂,我們也應該照顧好自己。
wise (adj.)有智慧的、明智的things (n.)情況tough (adj.) 困難的、棘手的
Sandra: Definitely. Let’s remember these lessons as we start this new chapter of our lives.
珊卓拉:沒錯。讓我們在開啟人生新篇章的同時記住這些教訓。
lesson (n.)教訓、經驗learn a lesson from sth. 從某件事記取教訓chapter (n.)章、一段時期、階段