
尖峰時段
It’s rush hour on Monday morning. Amy and Sam are at Taipei MRT Nanjing Fuxing Station.
週一早晨的尖峰時段,艾咪和山姆在台北南京復興捷運站。
rush hour尖峰時段=peak hour
Amy: Oh no, Sam! Look at the crowd. The platform is packed!
艾咪:喔不,山姆!你看人潮。月台上擠滿了人!
crowd(n.)人群attract/draw a crowd吸引人群packed(adj.)擠滿的be packed with…充滿~
Sam: Yeah, I just heard the announcement. The Wenhu Line has a problem.
山姆:對啊,我剛聽到廣播。文湖線出問題了。
announcement(n.)廣播public announcement公開聲明
Amy: What happened?
艾咪:發生什麼事了?
Sam: A train between Dazhi and Songshan Airport had an alarm. So now it’s one-track service.
山姆:大直和松山機場之間有一班列車出現告警訊息,所以現在是單線雙向運行。
alarm(n.)警報fire alarm火警/false alarm虛驚
Amy: No wonder! The line goes all the way to the escalator.
艾咪:難怪!隊伍排到手扶梯那邊去了。
no wonder難怪、怪不得all the way一直延伸escalator(n.)手扶梯
Sam: The staff said, “If you are in a hurry, please leave the station.”
山姆:站務員說:「趕時間的旅客請先出站。」
a staff member一位員工in a hurry很急、趕時間
Amy: Should we take the bus? Or maybe walk to the green line?
艾咪:我們要不要改搭公車?或是走到綠線那邊?
Sam: Good idea. Let’s go to Zhongxiao Fuxing and take the blue line instead.
山姆:好主意。我們去忠孝復興站,改搭藍線吧。
instead(adv.)取代、反而instead of…而不是~
Amy: If we run now, maybe we’ll make it before the boss checks in.
艾咪:我們現在衝,說不定老闆打卡前就到了。
make it趕上、成功做到clock in /punch in打卡上班clock out/punch out打卡下班
Sam: Run? In this heat? You owe me a cold bubble tea later!
山姆:要我在大熱天跑?你等下得請我喝冰的珍奶!
heat(n.)熱氣、熱度owe(v.)欠
Amy: Deal! Let’s go, Mr. Bubble Tea!
艾咪:一言為定!走吧,珍奶先生!