
新年大掃除
Henry and his dad are doing some spring cleaning before the Lunar New Year.
亨利和爸爸在進行新年大掃除。
spring cleaning大掃除
Henry: Alright. I’ll go clean the windows next.
亨利:好,我接下來去擦窗戶。
window(n.)窗戶
Dad: You go ahead with it. I’m going to take a break.
爸爸:你繼續吧。我要休息一下。
go ahead with sth.繼續take a break休息一下
Henry: What happened?
亨利:怎麼了?
Dad: I was mopping the floor, then my wrists started to hurt.
爸爸:我正在擦地板,然後手腕突然開始痛。
mop(v.)拖地wrist(n.)手腕hurt(v.)疼痛
Henry: Can you move your thumbs?
亨利:你能動一下拇指嗎?
move(v.)移動thumb(n.)拇指
Dad: I can’t. I also can’t seem to make a fist or grasp things.
爸爸:不能,似乎也無法握拳或抓住東西。
seem to似乎make a fist握拳grasp(v.)抓住
Henry: It might be De Quervain’s disease. Let’s go see the doctor.
亨利:這可能是媽媽手。去看醫生吧。
Dad: What’s that?
爸爸:那是什麼?
Henry: It’s a painful wrist condition. Many people have been getting it by doing housecleaning.
亨利:一種手腕疼痛的症狀。最近很多人因為過年打掃房子就引發這種症狀。
painful(adj.)疼痛的、pain(n.)condition(n.)情況
Dad: That’s awful!
爸爸:也太糟糕了。
awful(adj.)糟糕的