
戴耳機遭火車撞
Nancy and Pete are friends. They are having a conversation.
南希和皮特是朋友,他們正在交談。
Nancy: Hi Pete, have you heard about the accident where a high school student was wearing noise-canceling headphones near a train?
南希:嗨,皮特,你有聽說過那個高中生在火車附近戴著降噪耳機的意外嗎?
accident (n.)意外、事故a car accident 一場車禍
Pete: Oh no, what happened?
皮特:喔不,發生了什麼事?
Nancy: It’s really sad. He couldn’t hear the train because of his headphones, and he got hit.
南希:真的很悲傷。他因為戴耳機聽不見火車的聲音,結果被撞到了。
Pete: That’s terrible. I can’t imagine how scary and upsetting that must have been.
皮特:太可怕了。我無法想像那該有多恐怖和令人心痛。
imagine (v.)想像scary (adj.)令人害怕的scared (adj.)感到害怕的upsetting (adj.)令人不愉快的、使人心煩意亂的upsetting news 令人不愉快的新聞upsetting experience 令人不愉快的經驗
Nancy: Yeah, it’s a reminder to be careful. I was actually considering buying noise-canceling headphones, but now I’ve changed my mind.
南希:是啊,這提醒了我們要小心。我之前還在考慮買降噪耳機,但現在我改變主意了。
reminder (n.)提醒物consider (v.)考慮change one’s mind 改變看法或主意
Pete: That’s wise. It’s important to put our safety first, especially when we’re out and about.
皮特:那很明智。尤其是在外出活動時,把安全放在第一位很重要。
wise (adj.)明智的、有智慧的safety (n.)安全out and about 外出活動
Nancy: Absolutely. It’s easy to get lost in our own world with headphones on, but incidents like this remind us of the possible dangers.
南希:沒錯。戴上耳機很容易陷入自己的世界,但像這樣的事件提醒我們潛在的危險。
get lost in one’s own world 沉浸在自己的世界裡remind (v.)提醒danger (n.)危險potential dangers 潛在的危險
Pete: I couldn’t agree more. Safety should always be a top priority.
皮特:我非常同意。安全應該永遠擺第一。
I couldn’t agree more. 我完全同意。priority (n.)優先考慮的事、首要之務give priority to sth. 優先考慮某事
Nancy: Definitely. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Let’s learn from this incident and stay safe.
南希:確實如此。小心為上,好過事後後悔。讓我們從這件事中學習,保持安全。