
安全勝於後悔
David and Lisa are friends. They are surfing the internet with their cellphones.
大衛和莉莎是朋友,他們正在用手機上網。
surf(v.)上網瀏覽,surf the internet上網;(v.)做衝浪運動,go surfing去衝浪internet(n.)網際網路
David: Look, Lisa! Someone sent me a link. You’ll get free LINE stickers just by clicking the link.
大衛:莉莎,你看!有人傳一個連結給我,只要點擊這個連結,你就會得到免費的LINE貼圖喔。
link(n.)連結sticker(n.)貼紙click(v.)用滑鼠點擊
Lisa: Be careful. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
莉莎:小心點,天下沒有白吃的午餐。
there is no such thing as a free lunch天下沒有白吃的午餐
David: Take it easy. These are just free stickers. It’s a no-brainer.
大衛:放輕鬆,這些只是免費貼圖,還需要想嗎?
no-brainer簡單、不傷腦筋的事
Lisa: Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. What do you need to key in to get the stickers?
莉莎:不要相信所有你在網路上看到的東西,你要輸入什麼才能得到貼圖?
key(v.)用鍵盤輸入
David: My email and my ID number.
大衛:我的電子郵件和身分證字號。
ID=identity card身分證
Lisa: You should never easily give out your ID number because you don’t know for what purpose it will be used.
莉莎:你永遠都不該輕易地洩漏你的身分證字號,因為你不知道它會被用來做什麼。
give out洩漏purpose(n.)用途、目的間接問句
David: Since you brought this up, it’s indeed strange to exchange my ID number for stickers.
大衛:既然你提出來了,拿我的身分證字號來交換貼圖的確很奇怪。
since(conj.)既然、因為bring up提起⋯strange(adj.)奇怪的exchange(v.)交換,exchange A for B拿A換取B
Lisa: Right? It wouldn’t do you any harm to double check the information you received.
莉莎:是吧?再次確認所收到的訊息對你是有好處的。
harm(n.)損害、傷害check(v.)檢查、核對receive(v.)收到
David: Yeah, it’s better safe than sorry.
大衛:嗯,安全勝於後悔囉。
better safe than sorry安全勝於後悔