
大腦傍晚不理性
Cooper and Will are best buddies. Cooper is going to tell Will something big.
庫柏和威爾是好朋友。庫柏有件大事要跟威爾說。
best buddies好朋友、死黨something big大消息
Cooper: Dude, I made up my mind. I’m going to do it.
庫柏:老兄,我下定決心了。我要去做那件事了!
make up one′s mind下定決心
Will: To do what?
威爾:做什麼事?
Cooper: I’m going to tell Monica that I love her!
庫柏:我要跟莫妮卡告白!
Will: Wow! That’s big news, man! When are you going to do it?
威爾:哇,真是大新聞!什麼時候?
big news大新聞、大消息
Cooper: I haven’t decided. Any suggestions?
庫柏:還沒決定。有什麼建議嗎?
decide(v.)決定suggestion(n.)建議、suggest(v.)
Will: Yes, do it in the evening.
威爾:有,最好趁傍晚時告白。
evening(n.)傍晚
Cooper: Why?
庫柏:為什麼?
Will: Because our brains become more unstable in the evening. People tend to act less rationally during this time of day. So, if you ask her to be your girlfriend in the evening, she’s more likely to say ‘yes.’ Where are you planning to tell her that you like her?
威爾:因為人類的大腦在傍晚時會變得比較不穩定,人們常會做一些比較不理性的事情,所以如果你趁這時告白,她會比較有可能答應。有選好在哪裡告白了嗎?
brain(n.)大腦unstable(adj.)不穩定的、stable(adj.)穩定的tend to傾向、更易於+RVact(v.)舉止rationally(adv.)理性地more likely更有可能plan to+RV計畫做什麼事
Cooper: Somewhere romantic. If you say it’s better to do it in the evening, then I’ll probably take her to see the sunset.
庫柏:浪漫的地方吧!既然你說傍晚,那可能會約個可以看夕陽的地方。
romantic(adj.)浪漫的probably(adv.)也許sunset(n.)夕陽、sunrise日出
Will: That’s perfect! Sunset makes people become more emotional as well. It’ll be in the bag!
威爾:完美!夕陽也會讓人更感性,莫妮卡簡直是你的囊中物了!
emotional(adj.)情緒化、感性的in the bag囊中物
Cooper: Thanks, man!
庫柏:謝啦,老兄。