
為家增添小物
Gabby and Tim are a couple. They are at an IKEA.
蓋比和蒂姆是一對夫妻。他們在逛IKEA。
Gabby: Since we now spend more time at home, we should buy something new for the house.
蓋比:既然現在我們在家的時間又更多了,應該為家增添一些小物。
since既然、因為(conj.)
Tim: Agreed. Do you have anything in mind?
蒂姆:同意。你有什麼想法嗎?
have sth. in mind有想法、有主意
Gabby: I looked it up on the Internet and many people recommended something to buy for the kids.
蓋比:我在網路上查了一下大家推薦買給孩子的東西。
look up查找、look up to sb.敬重recommend(v.)推薦、recommendation(n.)
Tim: Like what?
蒂姆:像是什麼?
Gabby: Like this easel. It’d be fun for the kids to paint. Maybe I’ll buy berets for them as well.
蓋比:這個畫架。孩子們總是會喜歡畫畫嘛。也許我也該幫他們買些貝雷帽。
easel(n.)畫架paint(v.)繪畫beret(n.)貝雷帽
Tim: Or we can put a whiteboard on it to make their room look like a tiny classroom.
蒂姆:或者我們可以在上面放一塊白板,讓房間看起來像一個小教室。
whiteboard白板、chalkboard or blackboard黑板tiny(adj.)極小的
Gabby: Good idea. I also need to get some food containers.
蓋比:好主意。我還需要一些保鮮盒。
food container保鮮盒、contain(v.)包含
Tim: I saw some over there.
蒂姆:那邊有看到一些。
Gabby: Let’s go grab them. As we cook more now, we need more of these to save leftovers.
蓋比:我們去拿一些。我們現在在家做飯的機會越來越多,會需要更多盒子來裝剩菜。
grab(v.)抓、拿save(v.)保存、save up存錢leftovers剩菜、複數
Tim: Let’s go.
蒂姆:走吧。