
生病無需擔心
Jason is from the US. He is talking to his Taiwanese friend, Ann.
傑森來自美國。他正在和台灣朋友安聊天。
Jason: I’d like to ask you a question about Taiwan.
傑森:我想問你一個關於住在台灣的問題。
question(n.)問題
Ann: Fire away. I love my country.
安:說吧。我很愛我的國家。
Fire away.儘管問country(n.)國家
Jason: In your opinion, what’s the best thing about living in Taiwan?
傑森:你覺得在台灣生活最棒的是哪件事情?
opinion(n.)意見、想法
Ann: Mmm. I need to give it some thought.
安:嗯。我需要思考一下。
thought(n.)想法、可以是不可數、give it some thought考慮一下
Jason: Take your time.
傑森:慢慢來。
take your time慢慢來、不急
Ann: Well, the first thing that popped into my head was that living in Taiwan is not as good as it seems, with long working hours and extremely high housing prices.
安:好吧,我其實想到的第一件事是在台灣生活並不像看起來那樣好,因為工時長房價又超高。
pop into my mind浮現腦海、想到seem(v.)似乎、看起來working hour工時high or low price高價、低價extremely(adv.)非常housing price房價
Jason: You have a point there.
傑森:你說的也不是沒有道理。
=You got a point.有道理
Ann: But on second thought, I think Taiwan has an excellent healthcare system, much better than America’s.
安:但想了一下,我覺得應該是台灣的健保,甚至比美國還要更好。
on second thought再想想excellent(adj.)很棒的、傑出的healthcare system健保制度
Jason: And the quality of its healthcare is no doubt the best in the world.
傑森:醫療品質也毫無疑問是世界上最好的。
quality(n.)品質no doubt毫無疑問=no question
Ann: Yeah. People don’t need to worry about getting sick here.
安:對啊。大家都不需要擔心會生病。
worry about擔心get sick生病