
改善記憶力和降低血壓
Helen and Patrick are friends. They are chatting.
海倫跟派翠克是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Helen: Hey Patrick, I was thinking about grabbing some blueberries from the supermarket. Do you want some?
海倫:嘿派翠克,我正想著要去超市買些藍莓。你也要買些藍莓嗎?
grab(v.)搶奪、抓住;取得、購買=get=buygrab a quick bite迅速吃點東西墊肚子
Patrick: Of course! Blueberries are delicious and healthy.
派翠克:當然!藍莓既美味又健康。
Helen: Exactly! I read an article that said they can help with memory and lower blood pressure.
海倫:沒錯!我看過一篇文章,講到它們有助於改善記憶力和降低血壓。
memory(n.)回憶、記憶(力)、記性bad (good) memory記性差(好)unhappy (painful) memory不愉快(痛苦)的回憶memory loss失憶bring back memories讓人想起很多回憶lower(v.)降低;(adj.)(low-lower-lowest)較低的、更低的blood pressure血壓
Patrick: Really? I had no idea. That’s fantastic news, especially since we’re both getting up there in age. I guess it’s time for us to start eating more blueberries!
派翠克:真的嗎?我之前都不知道呢。這是個好消息,尤其我們都上了年紀。我想是時候開始多吃藍莓了!
it’s time (for sb.) to do sth.是時候(某人)該做某事
Helen: Absolutely! And did you know you can freeze blueberries to keep them fresh for longer?
海倫:當然!而且你知道你可以把藍莓冷凍起來,延長它們的保鮮期限嗎?
freeze(v.)(使)冷凍、(使)結冰freeze(v.)不要動=don’t movefreezer(n.)冷凍室、冷凍櫃fridge(n.)(=refrigerator)冰箱、冷藏室
Patrick: How do you do it?
派翠克:要怎麼做呢?
Helen: Just wash them and lay them on a baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then put them in a zip-lock bag and store them in the freezer.
海倫:先將藍莓洗乾淨,然後把它們平放在烤盤上放入冷凍室冰30分鐘。接著將它們放入夾鏈袋,再冷凍保存。
lay(v.)放置、安放、平放zip-lock bag夾鏈袋store(v.)存放、貯存
Patrick: That’s a great tip. Thanks for sharing! Let’s head to the store and get some fresh blueberries.
派翠克:這是個很棒的建議。感謝分享!我們一起去超市買些新鮮的藍莓吧。
tip(n.)訣竅、指點、小費;(v.)給(某人)小費head to…前往~
Helen: Good idea. I’m excited to try making blueberry smoothies for breakfast!
海倫:好主意。我好期待可以嘗試做藍莓奶昔當早餐!
be excited to RV期待做某事try V-ing嘗試做某事(+動名詞)