
敬業是為了更專業
Debra and Dennis are freshmen in the company.
黛博拉與丹尼斯是公司的新鮮人。
freshman(n.)新手company(n.)公司
Dennis: I have been working at my company for 1 month, but I felt like my supervisor doesn’t respect my profession.
丹尼斯:我在公司工作一個月,但是我覺得我主管不尊重我的專業。
work(v.)工作month(n.)月feel(v.)感覺like(prep.)像supervisor(n.)主管,監督者respect(v.)尊重profession(n.)職業,專業
Debra: That’s too bad. Why did you feel like that?
黛博拉:那太糟糕了!為什麼你有這種感覺呢?
bad(adj.)壞的,糟糕的why(adv.)為什麼
Dennis: I finished my task, but the supervisor didn’t like it and didn’t offer any solid reasons as to why he didn’t like it.
丹尼斯:我完成了我的工作,但是主管不喜歡,且沒有提出任何實質的理由說明為什麼他不喜歡。
finish(v.)完成task(n.)任務,工作offer(v.)提供solid(adj.)紮實的,實心的reason(n.)原因,理由as to關於
Debra: What? How can that be possible?
黛博拉:什麼?那怎麼可能?
how(adv.)如何possible(adj.)可能的
Dennis: And now I have to do it all over again.
丹尼斯:並且現在我需要再從頭來過。
have to必須all over again重新做起,從頭再來
Debra: Supervisors are not professional when they act like that. They need to respect their employees.
黛博拉:當主管有行為時很不專業耶!他們需要尊重她們的員工呀!
act(v.)舉止,表現need(v.)需要employee(n.)僱員
Dennis: That’s what I think, too. So I am going to take an on-the-job training program.
丹尼斯:我也這樣想,所以我要去上個在職進修的課程。
think(v.)想,認為take(v.)從事,進行on-the-job training在職進修program(n.)計畫
Debra: That sounds great! We need to develop our skills anyway.
黛博拉:那聽起來很棒耶!我們無論如何都必須發展自己的技能!
sound(v.)聽起來great(adj.)很棒的develop(v.)發展skill(n.)技巧,技能anyway(adv.)無論如何
Dennis: Exactly! Are you coming with me?
丹尼斯:沒錯!妳要一起來嗎?
exactly(adv.)精確地come(v.)來with(prep.)和……一起
Debra: Hmm… Good idea! Let’s go together!
黛博拉:嗯……好主意!我們一起去吧!
idea(n.)主意together(adv.)一起