
2020年的環保計畫
Rita and Roger are at a Starbucks.
瑞塔與羅傑正在星巴克。
Roger: Do you use straws when you drink?
羅傑:妳喝東西時會使用吸管嗎?
use(v.)使用straw(n.)吸管when(conj.)當…時drink(v.)喝
Rita: Sometimes I do. Why?
瑞塔:有時候會。怎麼了呢?
sometimes(adv.)有時候
Roger: You know what? Starbucks will stop using plastic straws by 2020 in order to be eco-friendly.
羅傑:妳知道嗎?星巴克為了環保,將在2020年前停止使用塑膠吸管。
know(v.)知道stop(v.)停止plastic(adj.)塑膠(製)的by(prep.)不遲於、早於in order to為了
Rita: How do we drink then?
瑞塔:那我們怎麼喝東西呢?
then(adv.)那麼
Roger: It will use straws made from other materials instead and strawless lids.
羅傑:它會使用以其它材料所製作的吸管來替代,以及不用吸管的蓋子。
make(v.)製作、製造made from由…製造other(det.)其他、別的material(n.)材料instead(adv.)作為替代-less沒有…的、無…的lid(n.)蓋、蓋子
Rita: It would be great if big companies start not to use plastic products.
瑞塔:如果大公司開始不使用塑膠產品,那就太棒了!
would(aux.)將、會great(adj.)很棒的if(conj.)假如、如果company(n.)公司start(v.)開始product(n.)產品、商品
Roger: Exactly! In addition, MacDonald’s will also use paper straws in the UK and Ireland by next year.
羅傑:沒錯!除此之外,在英國與愛爾蘭,麥當勞也將在明年前使用紙吸管。
exactly(adv.)精確地in addition除此之外also(adv.)也paper(n.)紙the UK=the United Kingdom英國Ireland(n.)愛爾蘭next(adj.)下一個的year(n.)年
Rita: It’s good to know. We should try our best to protect the environment as well.
瑞塔:很高興知道這件事。我們也應該努力盡力保護環境。
should(aux.)應該try(v.)嘗試try one’s best盡力而為protect(v.)保護environment(n.)環境as well也
Roger: Let’s bring our own cups or bottles and use reusable products.
羅傑:讓我們攜帶自己的杯子或瓶子,並且使用可重複使用的產品吧!
let’s=let uslet(v.)讓bring(v.)攜帶own(det.)自己的cup(n.)杯子or(conj.)或者bottle(n.)瓶子reusable(adj.)可重複使用的