
更有力量的邁進
Sam and Dora are friends. They are in high school.
山姆和朵拉是朋友。他們是高中生。
high school高中
Sam: What’s wrong? What are you so sad about?
山姆:怎麼了?你為什麼這麼難過?
wrong(adj.)錯誤的、不正確的(v.)冤枉、不公正的對待
Dora: I asked Chad out on a date tonight and he turned me down.
朵拉:查德拒絕了今晚和我的約會。
turn down拒絕turn up突然出現date(n.)日期、約會
Sam: Why? You’re so awesome. I don’t get it.
山姆:為什麼?你人這麼好耶。我不明白。
awesome(adj.)令人敬畏的、令人驚嘆的
Dora: He said that I’m too basic and that I don’t have my own way of thinking.
朵拉:他說我太沒有自己的特色了,也沒有自己的想法。
basic(adj.)基礎的、基本的、根本的basically(adv.)基本上
Sam: Oh well. It’s his loss. You light up every room you enter, and everyone can sense your positive energy.
山姆:哦,好吧。這是他的損失。大家都能夠感受到你的正向積極啊。
loss(n.)虧損、損失、喪失lose(v.)丟失、遺失、輸掉sense(v.)意識到、感覺到(n.)知覺、感官light up照亮
Dora: Thanks for cheering me up, Sam, but I know he’s speaking the truth.
朵拉:謝謝你給我打氣,山姆,但我知道他說的是實話。
cheer(v.)歡呼、喝采、鼓舞cheer sb. up為某人打氣cheerleader(n.)啦啦隊隊員
Sam: Oh, come on! Don’t be sad. You should be mad. Being angry is healthier.
山姆:哦,别這樣!别難過了。你應該憤怒的。生氣比較健康。
mad(adj.)憤怒的、惱火的
Dora: Ha! Well, that’s new. Why do you say that?
朵拉:哈!好吧,我還是第一次聽到這個說法。是為什麼呢?
Sam: Anger pushes you to move forward, but sadness does not.
山姆:生氣會促使你向前邁進,但悲傷不會。
forward(adv.)向前backward(adv.)向後
Dora: Ah, yes! That’s why I always feel a lot better and more powerful after getting angry.
朵拉:啊,是的!這就是為什麼我總是在生氣之後感覺好很多,而且更有力量。
powerful(adj.)有力量的、有感染力的