
快樂天堂
Fitch and Vicky are friends. They are chatting.
費奇和薇奇是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Fitch: Vicky, I heard that you changed your job.
費奇:薇奇,我聽說你換工作了。
hear(v.)聽說change(v.)更換
Vicky: Yes. I am a zookeeper now.
薇奇:對啊。我現在是動物園管理員。
Fitch: Wow. That’s cool. What do you usually do in the zoo?
費奇:哇。好酷。你在動物園裡通常都做什麼呢?
Vicky: I need to feed the animals, wash them, and keep an eye on them.
薇奇:我需要餵食動物、清洗他們,還有照看他們。
feed(v.)餵食keep an eye on sth. or sb.照看或留意某物或某人
Fitch: Do you need to keep records?
費奇:你需要記錄嗎?
record(n.)紀錄keep a record作紀錄
Vicky: Yes. I also need to share my knowledge about our animals with visitors.
薇奇:是的。而且我還要和遊客分享有關動物的知識。
share sth. with sb.與某人分享某物knowledge(n.)知識visitor(n.)訪客、參觀者
Fitch: Well, it’s a busy job. Is it dangerous to take care of animals like lions and tigers?
費奇:嗯,是個忙碌的工作。照顧像獅子和老虎這種動物會危險嗎?
dangerous(adj.)危險的take care of sb. or sth.照顧某人或某物
Vicky: Of course.
薇奇:當然。
Fitch: I see. I know you are an animal lover. You must enjoy spending your time with them every day.
費奇:原來如此。我知道你是愛護動物人士。你一定很享受每天花時間和動物們相處。
lover(n.)愛好者music lover音樂愛好者nature lover大自然愛好者enjoy(v.)享受
Vicky: Exactly.
薇奇:沒錯。