
新的兼職工作
Mike is talking to his daughter, Judy, at home.
邁克正在家和他的女兒朱蒂說話。
Judy: Dad, I got a new part-time job.
朱蒂:爸,我找到一份新的兼職工作了。
part-time(adj.)兼職的full-time(adj.)全職的
Mike: Really? What kind of job?
邁克:真的嗎?什麼工作?
Judy: I’m a tutor for an elementary school student.
朱蒂:國小學生的家教。
elementary school小學
Mike: Wow. What subject do you teach?
邁克:哇。你教什麼科目呢?
subject(n.)學科、科目
Judy: All of the subjects. I check her homework and answer her questions.
朱蒂:全部的科目。我檢查她的作業還有回答她的問題。
check(v.)檢查、核對
Mike: But I remember that you were not so good at math and science.
邁克:但我記得你的數學和自然科學不太好耶。
remember(v.)記得be good at sth.擅長某物math(n.)(= mathematics)數學science(n.)自然科學scientist(n.)科學家
Judy: Don’t look down on me. Elementary school subjects are simple.
朱蒂:別小看我。國小的學科很簡單。
look down on sb. or sth.小看、看不起、蔑視某人或某物simple(adj.)簡單的easy(adj.)簡單的
Mike: Ok. Do the parents care about their child’s grades?
邁克:好吧。父母在意小孩的成績嗎?
parent(n.)父親、母親parents(n.)雙親care about sth.在意某事grade(n.)成績、年級
Judy: Yes. They also asked me to prepare some exercises for her.
朱蒂:在意。他們也要我準備一些習題給她。
ask sb. to do sth.要求某人做某事exercise(n.)練習、習題
Mike: Good luck with your new job!
邁克:祝你新工作順利!
good luck with sth.祝在某事上好運、順利