
寫好第一個告訴你
Joanna is working on her novel. Josh is talking to her.
喬安娜正在寫她的小說。喬許正在跟她說話。
work on努力、致力
Josh: Hey, how’s your novel going?
喬許:嘿,你的小說進度如何?
Joanna: It’s really coming together. I’m writing the twist in the story right now.
喬安娜:快成形了。我正在寫故事的轉折。
come together作品成形、聚集起來twist(n.)轉折、plot(n.)劇情story(n.)故事
Josh: What’s it about?
喬許:故事是關於什麼啊?
Joanna: Something teenage girls will like, with vampires and such.
喬安娜:就是一些少女們會喜歡的東西,有吸血鬼之類的。
teenage(adj.)青少年的、teenager(n.)青少年vampire(n.)吸血鬼and such之類的
Josh: Is it another “Twilight” story?
喬許:該不會是另一個「暮光之城」之類的小說吧?
twilight暮光之城、twilight黃昏、暮色
Joanna: No, I’m not that shallow. I’m writing more about the bullying problem.
喬安娜:沒有,我才沒那麼膚淺。我寫更多跟校園霸凌有關係的問題。
shallow(adj.)膚淺的、淺的bullying霸凌
Josh: Sounds cool! Can I read it once it’s done?
喬許:聽起來很酷。一旦寫好了之後,我可以看看嗎?
once一旦be done完成
Joanna: Sure. I’ll send it to the school’s newspaper anyway.
喬安娜:當然,我也會投稿到校刊。
send-sent-sent(v.)寄school′s newspaper校刊
Josh: Can’t wait!
喬許:等不及了。
Joanna: You’ll be the first one to know when I finish it.
喬安娜:寫好第一個告訴你。
finish(v.)完成、結束