
放馬過來吧!
Rita and Joseph are roommates. Joseph is watching a football game.
麗塔和約瑟夫是室友。約瑟夫正在看足球比賽。
Joseph: Goal!!!
約瑟夫:得分!!!
goal(n.)目標、足球射門得分
Rita: You are watching a football game?
麗塔:你在看足球比賽嗎?
Joseph: Yes. I know you’re not into it.
約瑟夫:沒錯。我知道你不喜歡足球。
be into sth.喜歡
Rita: Could you teach me something about football?
麗塔:你能教我一些關於足球的知識嗎?
teach-taught(v.)教導
Joseph: Why? You told me that football is like watching grass grow.
約瑟夫:為什麼?明明是你告訴我足球超級無聊的耶。
be like watching grass grow覺得非常無聊
Rita: I know, but my colleagues were all talking about football at work today.
麗塔:我知道,但我的同事們今天上班都在聊足球。
at work上班時
Joseph: You don’t want to feel left out.
約瑟夫:你不想被冷落。
feel left out被冷落、被排擠
Rita: Exactly. All they could talk about was “offside.” What is that?
麗塔:沒錯。他們一直在講「越位」,那是什麼東西啊?
offside越位
Joseph: Oh boy. You still have a lot to learn.
約瑟夫:哦,天啊。你還有很多東西要學。
Oh boy天啊、感嘆learn(v.)學習
Rita: Well, bring it on! I want to be a football know-it-all.
麗塔:好吧,放馬過來吧!我一定會成為一個足球萬事通。
bring it on放馬過來